Whakapapa. You belong here.
Whakapapa is a Maori idea which embodies our universal human need to belong. It represents a powerful spiritual belief - that each of us is part of an unbroken and unbreakable chain of people who share a sacred identity and culture. Owen Eastwood places this concept at the core of his methods to maximise a team's performance. In this book he reveals, for the first time, the ethos that has made him one of the most in-demand Performance Coaches in the world.
In Belonging, Owen weaves together insights from homo sapiens' evolutionary story and ancestral wisdom. He shines a light on where these powerful ideas are applied around our world in high-performing settings encompassing sport, business, the arts and military.
Aspects of Owen's unique approach include:
- Finding your identity story.
- Defining a shared purpose.
- Visioning future success.
- Sharing ownership with others.
- Understanding the 'silent dance' that plays out in groups.
- Setting the conditions to unleash talent.
- Converting our diversity into a competitive advantage.